30 Apr 2017 Madison County, VA
Hebron Lutheran Church, near Madison, VA, was established in 1717 and has met in the same structure since 1740. About 300 members, former congregationalists, and supporters, from all over the country, gathered today to celebrate Hebron Lutheran's 300 years of service. The Culpeper Minutemen Color Guard, augmented by the Colonel William Grayson Chapter, joined the celebration by setting up a display of Revolutionary War flags, wearing various different Revolutionary War uniforms, and explaining them all to those in attendance.
Many members of the Hebron Lutheran Church were patriots during our Revolution. Five of them are believed to be buried in the church cemetery, though only one such grave is marked with a tombstone.